Followers

Home

Saturday, 17 June 2017

Gone gardening

Afternoon all 

Well after my post the other day I though I would give my today's 
post the heading Gone Gardening

Cos that is what I have been doing today and over the last few days.

The sun has been out and the weather just beautiful and it is too good to stay in doors
however my crafting has taken a bit of a back seat while it is necessary 
to be outside picking my produce. 

 In all I have picked just over a kilo of fruit 
before the birds get it. Dennis says there is enough for all but I LOVE my fruit
and so I pick it while I can. 

The blackbirds are eyeing up the currants and gooseberries. 


So here are so photos of today.



 Red currants




Josaberry 



Gooseberry



All in the freezer now except for the raspberries they are for tea. 

I am pleased to say the Mum is much better now back home from her time in 
hospital. Got to say it was a real worry as the food is not good in hospital so she was
not eating very well. 

Also I got those phone calls from her which sounded so frail that I did wonder. 

Anyway all is ok for now. 

Thank you all for your good wishes and thoughts over this difficult 
time for me.

I hope to get back into doing a regular blog - well I keep on saying that - 
but Dennis has not worked for the last month and as you can imagine it has been 
difficult to find my mojo. 

Have a great time where ever you may be. 

Crafty gardening hugs 

x x 




4 comments:

  1. Hi Pen,
    so glad your Mum is better and home now.
    I too hate hospital food and the few times I have been in there I have lost weight not a bad thing for me though.
    Your produce from your garden looks relly yummy and gorgeous.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your Mum is continuing to improve. Lots of yummy fruit. My rhubarb has perked up again, but the slugs have helped themselves to all the strawberries! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news on the update of your mother. So glad it's good news.

    When I was a child, we had gooseberries. I've not seen them for years. Your bushes produced a lot. Glad to see how fruitful your garden is (no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the good news about your Mum Pen. Your produce looks delicious. We throw apple cores into the garden for the blackbirds. I bet you enjoyed those lovely raspberries. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen