Followers

Home

Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Ribbon Flower "picture"


Hi there and thank you for your visit today.

I have to say that I am feeling somewhat better than yesterday. 
Everything that could go wrong went wrong

But would like to say a big thank you to my friends who 
listened to me and settled my thoughts and feelings. 


Anyway I have tried something really different today  

Ribbon Flower 



I have used a long snippet of ribbon from my Crafty Ribbons Stash !!! 


Then made a flower by stitching 10 cm lenghts of wired ribbon 
so that it looks like a "boat" shape.

Can you see on the photo.




Then pulled the thread to make a petal.






Make 5 petals then stick them together on a piece of felt 

Found a bit of felt (snippet again just look at the shape of that felt ! ) 

and glued with rather a lot of 


3D gell onto the felt - got a bit sticky I have to say. 

Had a rummage around in my button and bobs jar 


Stuck a large button gem in the center with pearls around the edge



Then thought .... now what.... I know 

will cut out a stork and leaves from the felt and mount onto 
a snippet card from my stash which I had already cut out sometime back,


Stamped flowers over the orange card. 

Added the flower to the orange circle onto a Shaving foam backing paper. 

and onto a blue / green card stock 


Well that was different way to use up snippets of stuff. 

Mounted it onto the card stock to make a picture What I really need now is
a deep frame to put the flower into but hopefully you get the idea. 



I would like to enter it for the following (hope it will meet the criteria ) 

Certainly not a card today as the flower is far too heavy and large. 





Well that is it for today

Best see what needs to be done now 

Bit of a tidy up me thinks 

Have a good day 

crafty hugs 

x x 




12 comments:

  1. Great post on how to make that lovely flower and the finished card is very nice indeed. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful ribbon flower and great tutorial too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pen! I made these years ago and had quite forgotten just how lovely they are - so glad you showed the steps as well. Brilliant!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pen,
    oh your flower is so gorgeous and what a pretty colour too.
    It looks great on your card with the lovely doily used.
    So glad you are feeling better today.
    You could enter this into the MAWTT challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower looks fantastic Pen and it's such a pretty colour. I'm glad you're feeling better today. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really lovely make, love the choice of the orange and the deeper orange background really gives lovely depth to the colour of the flower.
    Thank you for joining our 'Anything but a card' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful creation displayed and a gorgeous colour combo for our challenge this time at ALLSORTS challenge for the theme, "ANYTHING BUT A CARD", hope to see you again. ♥[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very pretty Pen, like a ray of sunshine and it's a perfect creation for our theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining us again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such a pretty flower Pen!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pen,
    as I said before you flower is so gorgeous, and I love the wonderful colour too.
    Makes such avery pretty picture.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really lovely Pen! Sorry to hear that you had a bad day yesterday, but pleased to hear that today is so much better - love and hugs Gilly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card, love your flower, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen