Followers

Home

Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Nature is all around

Hi there 

Hope you are well and the weather is not too bad where you are today. 

Computer seems very slow today, and having problems 
entering the blog challenges. 

Thank you Jenny for the heads up about the challenge for yesterdays 
blog entry. 

Anyway here is my work for today. 

I am trying to do a bit of journaling - something new for me. 

I have been thinking about the Challenge over 

Junk journals junkies and Mindful Art  

on Facebook today with the 
theme of nature and colour theme. 

So here is my entry 


Started off with a selection of colours and smoothies 

Here is my journal showing blobs on one of the papers so covered with white gesso 
early this morning


Then I used some stencils and stenciled the leaves patterns and barbed wire 
in various shades of Moss green, burnt orange and tan. 

Added the word Nature cut out from a dictonary glued those in place 

and added some texture with split raffia going down the centre. 

Used the orange smoothie to highlight the edges. 

Had fun with this ... and was making it this morning while waiting 
for the larger journal to dry... 

Hopefully will be able to show that one tomorrow or Friday. 


I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge 




Been trying to hail again here today, the temperature has fallen. 

Mum has had another fall this morning ( Wednesday) 

Glad she has her carers there I have to say. 

Anyway best get on - think will try to do a bit of sewing this afternoon, 
after lunch. 

Have a good day 

crafty hugs 

x x 


3 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of your art journal. It's going to be something you will enjoy AND you already have all the supplies you will ever need for it, too. This is wonderful.

    Sorry to read about your mother, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pen,
    oh how gorgeous is the journal pages.
    The colours are so very vibrant and lovely.
    Wonderful inking and stencilling.
    I have yet to get started on my journaling as I have created the cover, and not done any more, but you have inspired me to have a go now.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages - I love the colours you used. Sorry to hear about your Mum. :-( I hope the hail goes away and that you enjoy your bit of sewing today Pen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen