Followers

Home

Monday, 27 February 2017

Unfolding with oven mats


Good afternoon and thank you for popping in today. 

How is it with you today? 

What strange weather we are having here in North Devon, 
sun, rain, hail, snow, wind and cold..... 

Good job we can not do anything with the weather. 

So been doing a bit of crafty work this afternoon after shopping this morning

And here is my card.



I have used the Penny Black stamp The Unfolding

I just love this stamp.

I stamped it using my Misti with watercolour inks. 

You may see that the background has a few watermarks that is done after 
I brushed blue around the edges.... splattering water over the picture. 

Added a sentiment and mat and layered onto blue white black card stock 
finally onto a white card blank.

Added the sentiment 

Hope you like it 
I would like to enter it for the following 



Now yesterday I mentioned I would be "playing " with my sewing machine.

Well here are a couple of hot plate mats I have made. 

The first is with something I won via a well known Craft Chanel.


Using different layers of material including a heat resistant special material.



Made another one with a scrap of material - this one is slightly better 
with the bias binding.... a bit neater....

but when it is for yourself it does not matter. 


Anyway I hope you are safe and well and look forward 
to hearing from you again. 

Crafty hugs 
x x 


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pen, lovely image and colours and your mats are so pretty, very talented lady you are, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Pen. The stamp is beautiful - it looks like a watercolour painting. I saw that free motion piece being made when I watched a recording of that show and it's fabulous. Nice to see what you've made with it. I find bias binding tricky to sew on and usually end up handsewing it down to the underside. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pan,
    such a beautiful stamped image and card.
    Love the wonderful colours too.
    Great makes with your new sewing machine.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely Pen. It looks like water colouring. Glad to see you're still having fun with your new sewing machine. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card using that pretty stamp! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny Black and More!
    Great work creating the oven mitt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty floral creation and love your choice of colours Pen, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    The weather is pretty much the same here as well, but at least the bulbs are showing signs of life.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen