Followers

Home

Saturday, 4 February 2017

Bubble humming bird


Good morning all and welcome to my blog today

I hope you are well and the sun is shinning on you today. 

The weather is so much better than yesterday and will show a few photos at the bottom
of my blog today of this morning. 

Mist in the woods.

I have been using a new item over the last few days to be able to enter into the following

Challenge


So here are my steps in making my card. 

I put watercolour paints onto my glass mat first and then sprayed with water 
(the paints)


Then used a scrap of bubble wrap and layered it onto the "wet" paint
then pressed the bubble wrap onto card stock. 

Nice effect 

Then used a stamp by Ryn Designs of a humming bird


Coloured in with "strong shades" of pencils from Derwent. 

Cut down and mounted onto various snippets of card stock.

Edged with watercolour paint and mat and layered onto a blue snippet of background paper.

Added a sentiment and a "gem" flower. 

I hope you like it 

Think bubble wrap will be the new thing for me to use. 

Thanks Darenll. 


Have a good day.

Photos from our cabin this morning.....





Challenges

NBUS Challenge 10

Designs by Ryn - Feb

Fab N Funky - Birds

Have a great day see you again soon

Crafty hugs

x x



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful humming bird card Pen, wonderful colours and colouring. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pen,
    congrats on your win at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Love this wonderful card and fantastic design and colouring.
    We all have to thank Darnell for making us think outside the box on the bubble wrap
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hummimg bird against the background, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great step by step tutorial of your process. I like the contrast between the subtle colours in the background and the bold colouring of the hummingbird. Thanks so much for entering my challenge and showing me your creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card - thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, Pen! Thank YOU for joining in the optional theme and making an excellent bubble wrap background for your stunning hummer! He loves that pearl flower you created and I love all the elements of your design! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen