Followers

Home

Monday, 26 September 2016

Robins are red

Good Morning all and thanks for popping in today.

Bit cold and rather wet here this morning - think I will have to put the heating on
or start running around the house. 

I thought I would share this card I have made with you today. 


I have used my new Penny Black stamp to make this card

Stamped with black archival ink and then used masking fluid to blank out the trees.

Using distress inks coloured the background sky and hills. 

Rubbed off the masking fluid and just gave a little colour to the trees. 

Then the robin I coloured in with watercolour pencils. 

Just love this - mounted onto black card onto a white card blank. 

Was wondering about a sentiment but think this card says it all and there is always the 
inside to put Happy Christmas :) 

I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 




I had a lovely time seeing my family yesterday. 

An interesting Proverb today

"Make some money, but don not let money make you" a Tanzanian proverb. 

I have seen, and know, so many people who work work work for those holidays, 
material items, and have NO time to enjoy life.  It would not suit me. 

To me so long as I have a bed to sleep in at night, I am warm, and have food 
on the table, then I am happy. I am happy living with Den, in a wonderful 
place here in North Devon, living a "simple" life.... 

Another old saying is "Money is the root of all evil" 

but also "Money makes the world go round"

What are your views.... todays reading made me think... and to thank
my blessings for what I have .... not what I desire ... but to accept what I need...

Anyway enough of my rambles today.

If you like Altenew stamps pop over to C&C and have a look got some great prices. 

Have a good day.... 

Crafty hugs 

xx 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Pen,
    what a gorgeous card, and you have coloured it perfectly too.
    I have that stamp and made mine about 4 months ago for the Rudolf challenge too.
    I agree with your thoughts.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Pen. That is such a beautiful PB stamp and the colouring is wonderful. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Rudolph Days xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pen what a super Christmas card, love your Robin and the inky background. A beautiful card.
    As for views on money etc....we are constantly asked to do extra hours at work. I don't think folk understand when you say, actually I don't need the extra hours or money. I like to balance work with crafting and home life and do a bit of everything. As long as the bills are paid and your belly is full what more do you need?
    (Not including mighty fine crafty stash in that though!!) ;)

    Take care and happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely gorgeous card Pen. I love the scene and the colours you've used. He's a dear little robin image. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning creation, everything is just perfect, my favourite Christmas card of the year.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    Stunning card... Love the Robin...
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC this month...
    Hugs Sylvie xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. Such a wonderful scene with a great depth of colour :) X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just so beautiful, I am a big fan of robin cards anyway and I love this stamp you have used. Your colouring is gorgeous as well.
    With regards to your views on money etc. I have a stamp with the following quote, "Not what we have but what we enjoy gives us abundance".
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! I love the sky you created!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your wonderful card Pen, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow , what a fabulous card, love it. I ordered that stamp last year and never got it but it's supposed to be on its way to he now , fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful card. I have admired this stamp for quite a while now and think i will just have to have it now!

    Love your pretty sky and the beautifully coloured robin.

    Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful card. I have admired this stamp for quite a while now and think i will just have to have it now!

    Love your pretty sky and the beautifully coloured robin.

    Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely image, thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If this was at my house it would be framed--gorgeous work! Thanks so much for joining us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous! Thankyou for the detailed how-to, and I'm with you on the sentiment: sometimes best kept on the inside of the card. Ger x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen