Followers

Home

Saturday, 7 May 2016

Flying over waxy lake

Morning and thank you for popping by to see my blog

Just back from a walk which was nice so thought before I go out into
the garden I would show you as 
 promised my Encautic Wax work that I did earlier this week.

First here is my completed card



I had great fun "playing" with the iron and wax.





Now as you can see I have tried several different ideas and one jumped 
out to me to enter for the 

Clarity Stamp Challenge - Anything goes.

My main challenge was how to stamp images onto the wax but here is my card.


This is the wax picture I used


I used black Archival ink using the dragonfly, wee grasses and birds to make the picture.

I did have a bit of fun trying to put poppies in the foreground as I have not got a stylus yet
I added a dab of white acrylic paint to the flowers and dragonfly body. 

Then for the background I first used white gesso and painted it onto kraft paper



Stamped the sprig from the flying boy stamps with black archival ink and used an alcohol pen around 
the edges - trying to bring it all together.

Mounted the completed picture onto black card first and then onto the 
mat and layered background kraft card. 

So this is something completely different - plenty of "mixed media" here 

 and I have to say I think it worked?


I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following - I am sure you could
be at this lake fishing - something sporty? 

Challenge 

Clarity Stamp Challenge -39 - Anything goes

Create and Inspire - 45

Creative Inspirations - Challenge 250 - For The Boys or Something Sporty!

Penny Black - May - anything goes

Stamping Sensations - May - Anything goes

Well I think thats about it for today.

The garden is calling. Have great day
and I welcome you back into my Rambles
very soon.

Crafty hugs

x




21 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and wax work. Thank you for joining create and inspire Challenge AG. Hug Patricia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely , not at all familiar with we work , it does produce a great background .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backgrounds Pen, and the one you chose for your card is stunning love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous work of art, love all the different techniques you've used in this. Hope the weather holds for your gardening. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what a brilliant beautiful card ..good luck in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous work of art!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful art work Pen, the colours are fantastic, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I enjoyed the process to get from the initial idea to the completed result. This is fabulous! I will be sharing this project at the retreat tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Pen, what super pieces of artwork and so nice to see the Ecaustic Wax work combined with stamping.

    I have watched the shows so many times and been tempted, but never seen any pieces by other than the guy who demo's it. But seeing your results I am sold on the idea so I think you can call yourslef the enabler of another crafty spend for me !!

    It's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous scene card! I absolutely LOVE it! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations and good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another stunning card, Pen! I really like this, something a bit different. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created some gorgeous backgrounds Pen, and your finished card is fabulous. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stamping onto wax, what an achievment. Beautiful artwork Pen. Good luck in the Claritystamp Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love your scene with the wax like how you added the stamp work good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pen,
    Wow! What a stunning card! Really love the background you've created in the wax. Very clever to combine with stamping. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beatiful work, so clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. How clever is that Pen beautiful best of luck...xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks fantastic - you've created some fab backgrounds, but I think you chose the perfect one for your Clarity dragonflies and grasses.
    Wishing you luck in the Clarity Challenge this month x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the effects of the encaustic wax background, beautiful card with a lovely frame.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya Pen. Love it! Love it Lots!! I am a big fan of encaustic art, I usually do my stamping first though. I am always impressed with the results you can get with the wax.
    Wishing you all the best in the challenge. Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen