Followers

Home

Monday, 25 January 2016

Refection on reflections

Morning All hope I find you all well and have had a good weekend.

Here is my card for today 


I thought I would share with you my mistakes,
using the gelli plate and how I got to this final card. 

I did promise this on my blog A New Day is Dawning

To recap I was following the instructions on Barbara Grays Calendar 
to make January picture.

All was going well so I thought using the gelli plate but when I took the first 
reflection image this is what I got......

Can you see .... yes a brown blob in the sky .....aaagghhhh 


So try again.... so far so good.....

until

started stamping the tree canopy  and aaggghhhh not again....

wrong top on wrong ink. BROWN where it should be green.


So try again.....

Then the reflection of the birds - upside down..... aaagggghhhhh
Ops do not have a picture of this mistake

But I thought well the bits around the wrong bits are ok 
what shall I do...

Answer CUT THEM DOWN


and boy yes that works.... add a bit more colour for the sun reflections on all the 
small card. 

Mount an image onto 2 different blue papers and then onto a card blank
Bingo A new Card - rather nice I think and several more to make.

Now I have a smiley face and its all a learning curve with crafting
its the journey as much as the final destination. 



So out of something wrong comes lots of good things.

So I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge 




Crafty hugs 

Thanks for popping in.

7 comments:

  1. Good thinking to cut down your "mistakes", they make beautiful scenes. Hope your Mum is on the mend. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your adventurous cardmaking session! Now that's what we call a happy accident and look at the beauty you ended up with! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Pen, the sunlight around the trees is great....just right. Isnt it funny how quite often we make our best cards when it was meant to be something else entirely lol
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning makes!!! Love the reflection. and thank you for sharing the way you have made the mistakes. We all do them but it's nice to know we are not alone.

    Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at Delicious Doodles challenge. Hope you will join us next time Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a DT top Five favourite with this lovely card Pen. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen